Starting tonight at approximately 12:30 AM PST, Aerial Heights is going premium! We're still working out some of the minor details, but here's what we've decided so far:
- The monthly fee will cost 10 USD per player, or 35 USD for unlimited players on the same IP (the "family" package). Staff get 50% off. These prices will go up as needed, but we'll be sure to let you know before we make any changes.
- We are definitely moving to a new map. We are still working on picking the exact map, but we will keep you updated on this. It will be split PVP like the old one, but the sectors might be in different spots depending on which map we decide on.
- The old map will coexist with the new map for a few weeks. You will be responsible for moving all your items to the new map. We will have a special location set up at spawn for you to store your items until you get settled on the new map and can build bulk storage.
- The old map will be available for download for those of you who are unable to pay for a spot on the server.
- We will NOT be moving any builds over. If you think your build is worth saving in the display world, be sure to let Fozzy or Talrasha know, and they'll decide if it's good enough to keep.
Now some of you are probably wondering why we're suddenly going premium. The truth is that we've actually been working on this for a while. There have been numerous discussions in the mod den about if we should do it, how we should do it, when, etc. We didn't want to say anything so as not to alarm you guys if we changed our minds, but we've decided to go through with it. We chose to do it on april fools day because this is just a prank, and we thought people would enjoy a few more days on the server before they couldn't play for free anymore. RaesWolf and I (MechaTech84) are looking forward to holding lots of raffles and bringing back the Mystery Gift packages for those of you who are able to stick around. We're currently looking into upgrading our server. Akliz wants us to test their new Mirror Package. Essentially, this would mirror our server onto another server so we can do plugin updates and configuration while it's running and then just switch people over without disconnecting them.
In conclusion, we'll miss those of you that can't stick around, but we're looking forward to all the upcoming changes! Be sure to check back regularly for future updates!